Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin knows that he is moving closer and closer to having to end his MMA career. So, if there was a way "Ace" could get back to use younger fighting self, would he?
Franklin, who will meet Cung Le next month in China at UFC on Fuel TV: Franklin vs. Le, has decided to not use testosterone replacement therapy after receiving strong criticism from fans recently.
"The public perception of TRT is that it's cheating," said Franklin, in an interview with ESPN. "The moment I said I was actually thinking about it, I started getting quite a bit of backlash."
Franklin, who returned after a lengthy absence to defeat Wanderlei Silva, added, "perhaps I will consider quitting or possibly taking TRT (when he feels he's lost a step). More than likely, in my mind, I'll choose retirement over the necessity of TRT to continue."
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.