Rich Franklin found a way to survive a furious onslaught by Wanderlei Silva this past Saturday night in the main event of UFC 147, taking a decision victory and hoping it leads to bigger things down the road.
As a former UFC champion, Franklin knows his time inside the Octagon is nearing an end. The move back to middleweight, however, seems to have him feeling confident once more.
"I'm going to put some wins together and make a run for a title," said Franklin, during the post-fight show on FUEL TV.
Franklin has twice met UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, falling in each encounter. He believes the time lapse since the last fight, however, would allow fans to be excited for a third meeting.
Franklin stepped in on short notice to face Wanderlei Silva, moving out of a planned fight with Cung Le to accept the challenge.
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Planned For "UFC 153" In Rio
- Maruicio “Shogun” Rua Describes Glover Teixeira Situation In His Own Words
- Showtime GM Says UFC Programming On Their Channel A Possibility
- Rich Franklin Hoping For One Final Title Run In The UFC
- Retirement The Right Call, Says Fedor Emelianenko
- Fired Up Anderson Silva Goes Medieval, Says He'll Break "Criminal" Sonnen's Limbs
- Dana White Critical Of Performances By "TUF: Brazil" Fighters At "UFC 147"
- Wanderlei Silva Will Have To Wait Longer For Rematch With Vitor Belfort
- Date For Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Unknown