Former UFC champion Rich Franklin knows he must expect the unexpected when he squares off with Cung Le Saturday in the main event of UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le. The two will collide from Macau, China.
Le, a former Strikeforce champion, brings a completely different style to the Octagon, as the fighter likes to throw random strikes. "Ace" has been working hard to prepare for any - and every - thing.
"He's a southpaw. I've had problems with other southpaws, not because they're southpaws, but because they're good fighters," said Franklin, following weigh-ins on Fuel TV Friday. "He's very trick, but orthodox. You don't know if he's coming with a spinning back fist or a spinning kick. You don't know what's coming."
Franklin added that the key is "pattern recognition." The veteran recently defeated Wanderlei Silva and is hoping to possible secure a third meeting with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva before retiring.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.