Ricardo Tirloni's (15-3) split decision loss at Bellator 81, which knocked him out of the Season 7 lightweight tournament, in his view was the wrong call. Dave Jansen (19-2) now moves to the finals of the tournament.
"In my opinion, I return to Brazil the victor," said Tirloni to MMA Junkie. "I won't be in the final. Fine. But I know I won, and everyone who saw us knows I won. Even he knows. He was asked if he won the fight, and he didn't know what to say. Even he knows I won."
Tirloni said he knew that the first round wasn't his, but felt he moved forward enough in the other two rounds to earn the win. He also noted that he broke his left hand during the fight.
This was Tirloni's second chance in the tournament. He lost in the quarterfinals of Season 6.
"I hope to return to Bellator as soon as my hand heals," said Tirloni. "I wish to join the next tournament. I need this. I love fighting. It's my life. I will one day be the champion of this organization, believe me."
Bellator 81 took place from the Ryan Center at The University of Rhode Island.
- Jon Jones Planning To Silence Chael Sonnen Once And For All
- John Moraga-Chris Cariaso Added To UFC 155
- Sam Stout "Annoyed" With John Makdessi And His Remarks
- UFC Fighter Retires Fearing Brain Damage
- Brendan Schaub: My Back Is Against The Wall
- Shogun Rua Auctioning Off Fight Gloves For Charity
- Greg Jackson Never Watching GSP – Carlos Condit Fight
- Glory Looks To Expand, U.S. Debut Targeted
- Additional Fights Announced For Cage Warriors 51
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.