In his second attempt to win the Bellator lightweight tournament, Renê Nazare (15-2) has fared better than in his first shot. He recently won in the quarterfinals with a d'arce choke and will now face Dave Jansen in the semifinals. In the previous tournament, Nazare didn't make it out of the quarterfinals.
"I think it will be another great fight," said Nazare to TATAME. "I watched his fight and saw that he also likes to go up. We still have about a month to fight, but just know that I will leave taking."
Nazare sits at 2-1 for Bellator since joining last October. Both of his wins have come via submission in the second round. His next hurdle to advance to the finals comes in the way of Dave Jansen (18-2).
Jansen is undefeated for Bellator with four wins. Three of those fights, including the most recent, have ended with a submission victory.
The two will meet on November 16 at Bellator 81 as the tournament continues to unfold.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.