World Series of Fighting (WSOF) President Ray Sefo (2-1) looks backs at the company's first show and knows the fighters helped make it a memorable night.
"I couldn't praise my fighters enough because they all came and delivered," said Sefo to Bleacher Report. "That night it became a reality. In other words, we had knockouts, we had submissions, we had fights that went the distance, we had controversial decisions."
Sefo said that the planning to create the WSOF took years and the end results delivered. WSOF 1 took place November 3 and aired on the NBC Sports Network. There were six preliminary fights that streamed via Sherdog and four fights on the main card.
The main event saw former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-9-1 NC) finish Devin Cole (20-10-1) in the first round. Other former UFC names on the main card were Anthony Johnson (14-4) and Miguel Torres (40-6). Kickboxing champion Tyrone Spong also made his MMA debut scoring a KO win.
"You know it just made it all real, so I was really pleased with my fighters," said Sefo. "I have a lot of respect for them and I thank them for bringing everything on that night."
WSOF has several more shows planned for 2013. The date for the second show hasn't been announced.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.