Maybe Rashad Evans was just trying to have some fun with the MMA world. The manager for Evans, Glenn Robinson of Authentic Sports Management, told MMAjunkie.com that "Suga" will not be trying to secure a match with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
"He has no plans to drop to 185," Robinson informed the site via text.
Following Silva's recent victory over Chael Sonnen, the former UFC light heavyweight champion wrote on Twitter that he wanted to meet "The Spider." Robinson wrote that Evans was, "just saying he's not afraid to fight anyone," by writing that.
Evans (17-2-1) has not competed since a loss to Jon Jones for the 205-pound title earlier this year. He has won 12 of his 15 UFC fights, dropping two and fighting to a draw once.
- Chael Sonnen Opens Up About Loss To Silva, Retirement Talk
- UFC On FUEL TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman Weigh-In Results
- Nate Marquardt Plans To Make Tyron Woodley "Stutter" After Knocking Him Out
- Chris Weidman Feeling Great Heading Into Fight With Mark Munoz
- Report Out Of Brazil Says UFC 148 Was Watched By 19 Million
- Edson Barboza In The Final Four For ESPY Play Of The Year
- Rashad Evans Has "No Plans To Drop To 185," Says His Manager
- Frank Mir Doesn't Think Alistair Overeem Should Lose His Spot In Order
- Ronda Rousey To Grace Cover Of ESPN The Magazine: Body Issue (Photo)
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.