Raphael Assuncao's decision victory over Mike Easton this past weekend at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz was a key win for the future of the Brazilian. However, once news that Assuncao suffered a broken arm - in the first round - became public, it became even more incredible.
Assuncao kept the ultra-intense Easton at bay, picking up a convincing decision on all three scorecards. The win was the third straight and fourth in the last five fights for Assuncao, who improved to 18-4.
"Broke my arm in the first round! Thought it was a muscle spasm at first but was broke," Assuncao posted on Twitter. "No excuse lets keep the improvements and recovery on. Just had a little fracture to take care of."
The loss snapped an eight-fight win streak for Easton (13-2), which included a previous win over current UFC flyweight No. 1 contender John Dodson.
- Anderson Silva Targeting Summer Return To The Octagon
- Jon Jones Recovering Well From His Elbow Injury
- Carlos Condit On Rematching Rory MacDonald: "I'm In"
- Mark Hominick Announces His Retirement From MMA
- Bellator Delays Rad Martinez-Shahbulat Shamhalaev Bout Until 2013
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Numbers Release; Event Drew 4.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.