Former UFC champion Randy Couture got a good laugh out of the recent remarks made by actor Steven Seagal concerning a fight with "The Natural." Couture, in an interview with CagePotato.com on Tuesday, responded.
"I'm the one that started the joke as an off-handed comment I made to Jay Glazer - that I'd only come out of retirement if it were to fight Seagal," Couture said. "Obviously now somebody has talked to him about it and it has gotten some legs. I'm not surprised that he wants to do it in a private, remote location where nobody could see it happen. Obviously I intended it as a joke. I don't think it would really happen."
Seagal, who has been seen around several UFC events with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, did not seem to be laughing off the intended fight.
Couture retired in 2011 after a loss to Lyoto Machida, another fighter who has trained with Seagal. Maybe Sylvester Stallone can include Seagal in a future edition of The Expendables and have a fight scene with Couture and Seagal in it?
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.