Former UFC champion Randy Couture will be an interested observer when Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen collide on July 7 at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen 2 in a rematch of their encounter from two years ago. Couture gave MMAFighting.com his insight on the upcoming battle.
"It's kind of odd. Normally I would say that the onus is on the guy who won the first fight to anticipate the changes the loser is going to make and get the same outcome," Couture said. "If you look at Anderson and Chael, Anderson won by triangle choke with two minutes left. He didn't really win the fight; he got his (expletive) whooped - literally - for four-plus rounds. But, it's almost like he was the guy that won. (Sonnen) wants it to go the same minus the triangle."
Couture faced several fights numerous times, so he knows what it takes to compete in rematches. Silva-Sonnen will take place on pay-per-view from Las Vegas.
- Tito Ortiz On Griffin Bout "15 Years In The Making"
- GSP Believes Dan Hardy Can Become A Championship Fighter
- Urijah Says Barao Not His Toughest Challenge
- Reminder, Rebellion MMA Radio Returns Tonight With Rick Hawn, Dhiego Lima, Adam Lynn
- Healthy Lifestyle Has Allowed Cung Le To Continue Fighting As He Reaches 40
- Edson Barboza Says ESPY Nominee "Is Really Nice"
- No New News On Eddie Alvarez, Bellator Contract Talks
- Retirement Is Fitting Randy Couture Nicely
- Brandon Vera "Don't Give A Damn" Why "Shogun" Rua Took Fight
- Video: "UFC 148 Primetime: Silva Vs. Sonnen 2" Episode
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.