Quite a few things would have to happen for a Dan Henderson (29-8) vs. Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) fight to take place. But since it's possible, UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture (19-11) thinks it would happen even though the two are friends and train together.
"Yeah, I think they'd fight," said Couture to Cage Junkies. "They've wrestled each other for a spot on the Olympic team. They're wrestlers at the end of the day and now they're fighters. They're professionals, this is what we do."
Henderson will fight Lyoto Machida (18-3) at UFC 157 in his first match back since a knee injury that caused him to miss a championship opportunity. Machida was then offered the spot, but declined.
Sonnen will coach the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter, opposite Jon Jones (17-1). The two will meet in April for the light heavyweight championship.
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.