If Lorenzo Fertitta has anything to say about it, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will finish out his UFC contract by facing Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. The news was first reported by Yahoo! Sports, while it is expected to be confirmed on UFC Tonight.
"An interesting fight we'd like to make, one we've talked about, would be him and 'Shogun.' I think that would be an interesting fight," Fertitta said. "They're both coming off a loss, they have a history and they both expressed interest in the fight in the past."
Jackson has been very outspoken in regards to leaving the UFC over the past few days, taking most of his anger out on his Twitter account. "Rampage" and Rua fought back in 2005, with "Shogun" claiming a victory in PRIDE.
- Dana White Combines Last Three UFC Events Into One Video Blog
- Erick Silva Ready To Answer Mike Pierce's Plea For A Fight
- "Something Bad Has Already Happened" On "TUF: Live"
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Medical Suspensions, One Castmember On List
- Carlos Condit Still Holding Out For GSP
- Anderson Silva Debates Dana White's Stance On Teammate Vs. Teammate
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.