Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante was denied a reversal of his year-long suspension by the California Athletic Commission on Monday. The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion was hoping to have his suspension overturned after taking issue with the tested sample.
Cavalcante (11-3) was suspended following his fight with Mike Kyle earlier this year. The test found the banned substance stanozolol in his system.
The fighter will also be forced to pay a $2,500 fine. Cavalcante can re-apply for his fight license in May of next year.
- UFC Fighter Shane Roller Announces His Retirement
- Management For Jeremy Stephens Issues Statement
- Suspension Upheld For Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante
- Bellator 83 Set For December 7 From Atlantic City
- Bellator, Spike TV Set Date For Reality Series Tryouts
- UFC 153 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Rory MacDonald Wants To Define A True Fighter
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.