Rafael "Feijo" Cavalcante exacted a matter of revenge on Mike Kyle, scoring a submission victory in just 33 seconds at Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier Saturday night.
Cavalcante was defeated by Kyle via knockout in the first round back in 2009, but is 5-1 since that time. His lone loss came to Dan Henderson last year.
"If Strikeforce gives me a chance, I want the belt," Cavalcante said. "I have a lot of support here, all my friends came; they always keep me on track."
It has been rumored that Cavalcante could be facing Gegard Mousasi for the vacant Strikeforce light heavyweight title once Mousasi returns from knee surgery. The belt has been left without an owner since Dan Henderson signed with the UFC.
Kyle is now 5-2 in his last seven fights, with the other defeat coming at heavyweight to Antonio Silva.
- Frank Mir On Dos Santos: “He Goes To The Ground With Me, He’s Dead”
- Eliot Marshall Confirms Retirement From MMA
- 'Strikeforce: Grand Prix Finale' Post-Fight Presser (Video)
- Marquardt-Woodley Vacant Strikeforce Title Fight Official
- Scott Coker Says Feijao Vs. Mousasi Likely For 205lbs Title
- UFC On FUEL TV 4 Official, Tickets On Sale May 24
- Video: 'Saturday! Saturday! Saturday!' UFC 146 Promo
- Manager Confirms Hand Injury For Josh Barnett, Future Uncertain
- Video: Highlights From "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Main Fights
- Ronda Rousey Vs. Sarah Kaufman Possible For This Summer
- Newly-Crowned Grand Prix Champ Daniel Cormier Believes He Broke His Hand Again
- Daniel Cormier Shows He Has Arrived, Dominates Josh Barnett In GP Finals
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Daniel Cormier Vs. Josh Barnett
- Gilbert Melendez Defends His Strikeforce Lightweight Title With Razor-Close Decision
- Strikeforce Grand Prix Finale: Gilbert Melendez Vs. Josh Thomson
- Jon Jones Comments On Twitter Following DUI Charge
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.