UFC officials have confirmed a light heavyweight contest between former UFC champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Glover Teixeira. The two will meet - for a scheduled second time - at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson January 26 from Chicago.
The bout, which was cancelled from the October UFC card in Brazil, will air on the Fox-televised main card. It's unknown at this time if Jackson-Teixeira or Donald Cerrone-Anthony Pettis will fit the co-main event spot.
Jackson (32-10) is coming off a pair of defeats to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Ryan Bader. This match will complete his current UFC contract, and he is expected to hit free agency after the bout.
Teixeira (19-2) has won 17 consecutive fights, including two inside the Octagon. He stopped Fabio Maldonado last month.
The main event for the card will boast UFC flyweight Demetrious Johnson making his first title defense against former Ultimate Fighter winner John Dodson.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.