Jackson noted he hasn't seen Teixeira fight, but knows he has a reputation to put on tough fights.
"They offered me Glover and I never turned down one of the opponents the UFC has even given me... I haven't seen Glover's fights but I heard he's really tough," said Jackson. "I heard he got good stand-up and good jiu-jitsu. I'm looking forward to fight my opponents and it's a good fight."
Jackson is uncertain what the future holds for him after this bout, although he hinted that he wants to continue fighting.
"This is my very last fight in UFC of my contract, so I'm start seeing what's out there, what other company wants me to fight for it," said Jackson.
Jackson is on a two fight UFC losing streak, while Teixeira hasn't lost since 2006.
Jackson vs. Teixeira takes place October 13 at UFC 152 in Brazil.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.