Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10) was offered the coaching spot on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) opposite Chael Sonnen (27-12-1), but thought the fight would be dull and passed on the opportunity.
"I'm not interested in that," said Jackon to MMA Fighting. "I don't want to fight Chael. He's the kind of fighter that I don't want to fight. He's a boring fighter that just wants to hump people."
Dana White confirmed that he offered Jackson an opportunity to be the coach first, before turning to light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1) after Jackson had declined. Jackson has coached on TUF twice before.
White said Sonnen was open to fighting either man.
Jackson remains admitted that he wants to compete against Glover Teixeira (19-2) in his final contracted fight for the UFC, after their UFC 153 bout was cancelled due to an injury sustained by Jackson. There is no news if that fight will happen. If it does, it won't be for at least six months due to a medical suspension Teixeira received after his UFC 153 win.
- Antonio Silva Down For Alistair Overeem Fight If It's On The Table
- Bellator 78 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Tourney Semifinals Official
- Female MMA Legend Possibly Preparing Her Retirement Fight
- Marius Zaromskis Would Use Bellator Winnings So His Wife Can Live Closer To Him
- WSOF On Target To Sellout Their First Show With 7,000 Fans
- Kurt Holobaugh Pulls Double Duty Getting Married, Fighting On The Same Day
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.