Glover Teixeira can make a huge statement in just his second UFC fight later this year. That's because Teixeira will meet former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 153 in October.
Teixeira finally entered the UFC earlier this year, defeating Kyle Kingsbury and showing off the skills that have made him a top prospect for years. Now, he is prepping for the biggest test of his career in Jackson.
"I'm waiting for an 100-percent prepared 'Rampage,'" said Teixeira, in a recent interview with Tatame. "I'm training to fight old times Pride 'Rampage.' I'm preparing for the fighter he was when he got into the UFC."
Jackson is coming off consecutive defeats at the hands of UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Ryan Bader. This will be his final fight on his current UFC contract, and most expect him to leave the promotion after the bout.
"I'm very happy to make this dream come true," Teixeira said. "I have the chance to fight in Rio. It's an honor to fight in front of those people."
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.