Several regional MMA promotions took center stage this past week, including the Guam-based Pacific Xtreme Combat. An event that was anticipated by many, PXC 33 saw a total of 6 finishes on its fight card.
Mark Striegl marked his promotional debut with a submission win over Robert Wusstig. The Filipino fighter, who has an unblemished record of 11-0, is one of the region’s top prospects, and had to defend a couple of takedown attempts from his opponent before securing the finishing touch of the bout.
In the main event, former Strikeforce veteran Harris Sarmiento did just enough to gain a well-deserved Split-Decision victory over Seung Hwa han. The South-Korean was a late replacement for John Tuck, after the latter was forced out of his championship bout with an injury. Nonetheless, as originally planned, Sarmiento is expected to defend his strap against Tuck in the near future.
Here’s a round-up of all the results for PXC 33:
- Harris Sarmiento def. Seung Hwa Han via Split Decision
- Mark Striegl def. Robert Wusstig via Submission (Keylock) in Round 1
- Russell Doane def. Masato Sannai via Unanimous Decision
- Hong Seung Chan def. Richie Redman via TKO in Round 1
- Jon Delos Reyes def. Troy Bantiag via Submission (Armbar) in Round 1
- Eugene Toquero def. Leonard Caliwa via TKO (Elbow) in Round 1
- Jerome Wanawan def. Victor Torre via TKO in Round 2
- Isaiah Ordiz def. Kristoffer Persson via Majority Decision
- Arex Montalban def. Salvador Domasian via Verbal Submission in Round 1
- Photo: Chael Sonnen uses Pizza Sign to trash Jon Jones
- Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson: Best of UFC 2011
- Chael Sonnen: I Don’t Have Time for “pee pee” Mouth
- Video: Chael Sonnen “Jon Jones is a selfish, entitled brat”
- Chael Sonnen thinks Belfort never shows up, feels he will fight Jones at UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka