UFC president Dana White wasn't completely sure, but he stated on Thursday that Phil Davis would likely be removed from UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. Davis was scheduled to face Forrest Griffin in the co-main event, but Griffin suffered a torn ACL in training recently.
Davis (10-1) was looking to string together his second consecutive victory since a win over Wagner Prado in October. Earlier this year, "Mr. Wonderful" saw his unbeaten streak come to a halt at the hands of ex-UFC champ Rashad Evans.
The current UFC 155 card features UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos facing Cain Velasquez. The event has lost three fighters now to injury, as Griffin is added to a list that contains Chris Weidman and Gray Maynard.
- Video: BJ Penn, Rory MacDonald Exchange Verbal Threats
- Jake Shields Calls Out Johny Hendricks, Hendricks Responds
- Miesha Tate Denies Turning Down Fight With Ronda Rousey
- Bellator 83 Weigh-In Results: Featherweight Finals Set
- Johny Hendricks Makes Plea For UFC Welterweight Title Shot
- GSP-Nick Diaz The Likely Next Match, According To Dana White
- Dana White "Happy" UFC On Fox 5 Avoided Any Main Card Injuries
- BJ Penn-Rory MacDonald Ready To Exchange Blows At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.