Phil Baroni (14-15) has heard others say that his conditioning isn't up to par, but he plans to show everyone that their wrong in his next fight.
"I've been hearing my entire career that I look the part, but I don't have all the gas in the tank," said Baroni on Fight Hub TV. "Even my opponents made a statement about that. I don't believe that sh*t. I'm going to be in shape."
To be better prepared, Baroni has focused heavily on the conditioning aspect of his training.
"I've been training real hard," said Baroni. "I just sparred five rounds the other day and was in Fresno training with Josh Koscheck and that guys a machine. Conditioning is not going to be a factor. Think what you want. Before my body was looking good, but there wasn't a lot of fuel in the tank. Put it this way, I have an extra gas tank for this fight."
In the last two years, Baroni is 1-5 and is currently on a two fight losing streak. He challenges Rodrigo Ribeiro (9-9) at One FC 5 on August 31.
- Stephen Thompson-Besam Yousef Added To UFC 154
- Change Of Camp Has Vitor Belfort Feeling "Young" Again
- Brendan Schaub Wants To Test His Chin Vs. Lavar Johnson
- Chris Weidman More Interested In Michael Bisping-Brian Stann Winner Than Alan Belcher
- Michael Bisping Looking At Brian Stann's One Punch Knockout
- Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Leaves Strikeforce, Set To Fight In Canada
- Regardless Of Decision Vs. Carlos Condit, Anderson Silva Wants To Fight GSP
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.