Paul Daley already has his next opponent in mind despite still being a few days away from fighting Kazuo Misaki on the main card of Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey. For Daley, he believes his road to championship gold ends with Tyron Woodley.
Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey takes place this Saturday night from Columbus, Ohio. The card, which features a women's championship bout between Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey, will be shown live on Showtime.
Daley, who lost a decision to Woodley last year, believes a win over Misaki will place him in a match to determine the next Strikeforce welterweight champion with "T-Wood."
"After this fight, the only fight I should be offered is a rematch with Tyron Woodley for the welterweight belt," said Daley, in a recent interview with UFC.com. "It (the division) is interesting, but I think I am the only real character left, now that Nick Diaz has gone."
Diaz signed a contract with the UFC and left the Strikeforce belt vacant. No match has been signed to fill that void to date.
FightLine will have complete coverage of Saturday's main card, so make sure you check back throughout the day for all your MMA news.
- Mike Corey Takes Place Of Wagnney Fabiano In Bellator's Upcoming Featherweight Tourney
- "UFC On FX: Alves Vs. Kampmann" Final Card, Live Coverage Tomorrow
- Quick Shots: Bisping Signs, How To Watch Cro Cop Vs. Sefo, Score Card Complete, XFC Note
- Live Video Of The UFC On FX Weigh-Ins At 10PM ET/7PM PT
- Eddie Alvarez-Shinya Aoki Rematch Set For Bellator 66 In Cleveland
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.