UK welterweight Paul "Semtex" Daley has requested and been granted a release from his Strikeforce contract.
Since signing with the promotion in 2010, Daley has only fought four times for Strikeforce. The 29-year-old spoke with MMAWeekly on leaving the promotion and explained that it was the infrequency of his appearances that prompted him to seek greener pastures.
"I'm happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently," said Daley. "My whole career I've wanted to fight as often as possible as it keeps me in the best form and condition.
"I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The KO's of Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back and forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz. My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I'm looking forward to the next part in my journey."
Daley last appeared in action at Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey losing a split decision to Kazuo Misaki. He will reportedly court offers from other MMA promotions as well as kickboxing organizations.
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
- Michael Bisping Goes Under The Knife On Wednesday
- Check Out Rebellion Radio Tonight
- "TUF: Brazil" Debuts Tonight On FUEL TV
- Dana White "Disgusted" By Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Decision
- Separated Shoulder Forced Brian Stann To The Sidelines
- Jose Aldo Latest Injury Victim; Faber-Barao Moved To "UFC 149"
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"