Cote (18-8) was expected to meet Alessio Sakara in a rematch that night, but Sakara was forced out with a kidney issue. "The Predator" recently said he was planning a move to welterweight after that fight, but decided to start the change now.
Voelker (24-8) was a mainstay for Strikeforce Challengers since 2009, going 4-1 in the promotion. He will be making his UFC debut and is currently on a three-fight win streak.
- Documentary On Evan Tanner To Air This Month
- Stefan Struve On Where He Stands In The Heavyweight Division
- Greg Jackson's Opinion Of Chael Sonnen
- Dany Lauzon, Brother Of UFC Fighter Joe Lauzon, Signs With World Series Of Fighting
- TUF Winner Jonathan Brookins Leaving MMA, Headed To India To Learn "Other Things"
- Ed Herman Heading To Strikeforce, Will Face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza In January
- Strikeforce Confirms January Will Be Final Event On Showtime
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.