Patrick Cote wasn't sure where his MMA career was headed 18 months ago after the UFC had released him following two consecutive defeats. Cote, however, picked himself back up, won four fights, and is now in a main card bout with Cung Le this Saturday night at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II.
"I am just happy to be back," Cote said Thursday during the pre-fight press conference. "To be on a big show like this, and the main card right away, I am happy. I want to give a good show to the fans."
Cote once competed for the UFC middleweight title, suffering a knee injury and having his bout called with Anderson Silva. "The Spider" will meet Chael Sonnen in the main event Saturday, and "The Predator" offered up his prediction on the fight.
"Anderson Silva is pretty mad now, and that's not a good thing," Cote said. "I am picking Anderson Silva by the end of the third round. It will be very different this time; he won't be surprised by the pace of Chael."
Cote revealed that he is a more mature fighter right now than a few years ago, adding, "I am more dedicated to the sport. You learn from your mistakes (and get better)."
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.