Patrick Cote (17-8) agrees with Georges St-Pierre (22-2) that Carlos Condit (28-5) cannot be overlooked. A large share of the media coverage for this fight has centered on the fact that Anderson Silva (33-4) will be cageside and may callout St-Pierre. Dana White has gone as far to say the two will meet and plans May for the fight.
"Condit is no joke," said Côté to MMA Fighting. "Everyone's talking about Georges and Silva or something like that. Let me tell you something: Condit can spoil that. He can. He can shock 23,000 people only with one punch."
Côté knows Silva well, losing to him back at UFC 90. After that fight, he lost two more and was released by the UFC. He was rehired after going on a four fight win streak after his release. Côté lost in his UFC return over the summer.
Though he thinks Condit has the knockout ability, Côté has St-Pierre leaving as the unified champion.
"I think Georges is more technical and probably the wrestling is going to make the difference in this fight," said Côté.
Tomorrow Côté returns to the Octagon when he takes on Alessio Sakara (15-9-1 NC). The fight takes place at UFC 154, where St-Pierre and Condit unify their titles in the main event.
- GSP Had Carlos Condit Defeating Nick Diaz Earlier This Year
- Bellator 81 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Semifinals Made Official
- Jon Fitch-Demian Maia Added To UFC 156 Card
- Royce Gracie Backtracks On Shane Carwin Comments
- Matt Mitrione Will Face Roy Nelson At TUF 16 Finale
- Mike Mucitelli: No Room In MMA For Bullies Like Dan McGuane
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.