Paige VanZant (2-0) is still a baby when it comes to MMA, but she thinks that her time to make an impression in now. VanZant will be competing on the upcoming Invicta FC show.
"The opportunity was too good to pass up at the time," said VanZant to MMA Junkie. "The main goal for fighters is to go pro and start being paid for the sport that you fall in love with. I was offered the opportunity and my coach thought I was ready."
VanZant meets Tecia Torres (1-0) on the preliminary card. Between April and September VanZant had three fights, one amateur and two professional. She won the amateur one by submission and in the other two fights, it went to the scorecard.
Torres comes in with seven amateur wins and her lone professional fight was a decision win for Invicta FC.
The two will meet at Invicta FC 4 on January 5 from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS. The show streams on the promotion's website for $7.95.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.