ONE Fighting Championships has signed Shinya Aoki and Bibiano Fernandes to exclusive contracts, the fight promotion announced recently. Both will be debuting for ONE FC on August 31 from the Philippines.
Aoki and Fernandes were each DREAM champions when the promotion closed up shop earlier this year. It appeared as though Fernandes was headed to the UFC, but he was unable to reach an agreement on a contract.
ONE FC is based in Asia, and the company has mentioned bringing in the likes of Renato Sobral, Rolles Gracie, Ole Laursen and Phil Baroni for the August event.
- Jamie Varner Steps Up, Signs On To Face Joe Lauzon At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Video: Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen "It's Personal"
- Video: Chael Sonnen Responds To Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva, Jon Jones Nominated For ESPY "Fighter Of The Year"
- Miesha Tate Targeted For Fall Return To Action
- Brian Ebersole Calls "TUF: The Smashes" Coaching Job A Dream
- Todd Duffee To Welcome Jeff Monson To Super Fight League
- Video: "The End Of The Road" With Tito Ortiz