Ariel Helwani, a reporter for FUEL TV, confirmed that Tim Boetsch suffered a broken foot during the second round of his victory in the co-main event over Hector Lombard Saturday night. The contest took part on the UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao card from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
"FWIW - Boetsch broke his foot in the 2nd round, per UFC," Helwani posted on Twitter.
Boetsch was awarded a split decision victory against Lombard, who recently signed with the UFC. Boetsch has now won each of his last four UFC fights, improving to 16-5 in his career.
The UFC's middleweight division remains a murky mess behind champion Anderson Silva, and recent wins over Lombard and Yushin Okami should put Boetsch in good standing.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline