In what might become a bit of a side-story due to the news of Ronda Rousey's first scheduled fight, former UFC champion BJ Penn and Rory MacDonald seemed ready to attack at any moment Thursday. The two fighters, who will meet Saturday night at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz, were part of the pre-fight press conference from Seattle.
Penn, who is making his return to the Octagon after announcing his retirement last year, was asked to comment on some remarks made previously by MacDonald. "The Prodigy," did just that, saying, "You want to say stuff like that, you better be ready to back it up."
From the other side of the podium, MacDonald responded with, "I will be."
MacDonald, who trains at Tristar Gym, has said in past interviews that he plans to take it to Penn and make him regret returning to action. When the the two were paired for the customary staredown following the press conference, neither backed down.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.