As the final weeks of the year come to a close, the end of Nick Diaz's (26-8-1 NC) suspension draws nearer. His manager, Cesar Gracie, said when Diaz returns he's looking for a main event title shot with Georges St-Pierre (23-4).
"Nick Diaz is a main event fighter," said Gracie to MMA Weekly. "He wants main event fights."
Diaz is currently serving a one year suspension after testing positive for marijuana after his UFC 143 loss. It was his second time testing positive for the substance.
After St-Pierre's successful return over the weekend, Diaz sent out a tweet that he wasn't impressed. In Diaz's last appearance he was defeated by the former No. 1 contender Carlos Condit (28-6), snapping his 11 fight win streak that consisted of fights in DREAM, EliteXC, Strikeforce and the UFC.
Diaz will be eligible for a fight license on February 2 and may reapply that day with the NVSA.
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
- Alessio Sakara's Quest For Appeal Denied
- Jon Jones Was Kept Off TUF Due To His Age
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down Spot On TUF 1
- Rich Clementi: I’m From A Different Fight Generation
- Tyrone Spong’s Return To Kickboxing Delayed
- Urijah Faber-Vaughan Lee In Works For UFC 156
- Scott Coker On Exposing Female MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.