Nick Diaz has twice before been scheduled to face Georges St-Pierre for the UFC welterweight title. Diaz, GSP and the rest of the UFC will hope a third time is the charm, as the two have signed to meet at UFC 158: St-Pierre Vs. Diaz.
The event takes place March 16 from the Bell Centre in Montreal. The first planned bout between the two was scrapped after Diaz no-showed several press events. The second, following a knee injury by GSP.
"This is the fight I want," Diaz said. "I want to go out there and beat Georges St-Pierre in Montreal and show that I'm the best welterweight in the world."
The Stockton-native has 13 career knockout victories and another eight via submission, while six of his eight defeats have come by way of decision. Diaz is currently suspended, but will be eligible to re-apply for his fight license in February.
St-Pierre recently returned from a knee injury to unify the titles with a win over Condit. GSP personally asked for Diaz next, saying, "There's been a lot of talk about who I should fight next, but this was really the only choice for me. He's made it personal and I personally can't wait."
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.