Nick Diaz, who announced his retirement from MMA following a loss to Carlos Condit at UFC 143 for the interim UFC welterweight title, was fined $79,500, MMAjunkie.com confirmed with the Nevada Athletic Commission.
Diaz was suspended after his post-fight drug test showed marijuana metabolites in his system. He tried to fight the test, but has since been given a suspension that will go until next year.
Keith Kizer, executive director for the commission, confirmed the numbers, as it had been previously reported Diaz would be fined 30 percent. That would have cost him $60,000, but the fine ended up being more for the 28-year-old.
- Days Before Fight With Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Goes Off On Belfort, Wanderlei
- Nick Diaz Fined $79,500 From His UFC 143 Purse
- Dana White Confirms Silva-Sonnen II Almost Didn't Happen
- Miesha Tate Returning August 18 Against Julie Kedzie
- Video: UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II By The Numbers
- Tito Ortiz Is Leaving Fighting, Not MMA, After "UFC 148"
- Urijah Faber On Chael Sonnen: "This Sport Needs Guys Like Chael Sonnen"
- Charges Dropped Against UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste
- Chael Sonnen Sounds Off On Radio Host, Hangs Up
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.