While the finals of the first season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil are set to be completed Saturday night at UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II, the UFC has confirmed that a second season of the show will go down.
Marshall Zelaznik, the UFC's international executive, told MMAjunkie.com that the second edition of the series will likely take place in 2013, and follow the same kind of schedule as this past first one.
"We do anticipate another season," Zelaznik said. "We don't have coaches identified or weight classes yet. The timing of that is probably just like this season, so we'll start filming around January and be on the air in March."
Zelaznik added that the plans are for five versions of TUF to air next year
- Video: Chael Sonnen Welcomes Matt Serra To His Gym In Oregon For "Fight Camp Insider"
- "Bellator 71" Weigh-In Results: Fighters Hit Their Marks
- Second Season Of "TUF: Brazil" Will Happen
- UFC Heading Back To Brazil For UFC 153
- Fedor Emelianenko Announces His Retirement
- Sam Stout And Spencer Fisher Ready To Make Magic
- UFC On FX: Guida Vs. Maynard Weigh-in Results
- Gray Maynard Talks Sleepless Nights After Edgar Loss, Re-Inventing Himself
- Mark Munoz Talks Injury Rehab, Being Depressed After Injury
- Clay Guida Grateful For Five Round Fight Against Gray Maynard
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.