Nate Marquardt prefers to do much of his talking inside the Octagon. However, with the treatment he has received from Tyron Woodley, "The Great" is making sure that Woodley knows he is in for a war Saturday night.
Marquardt and Woodley will collide in the co-main event of Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy on Showtime. The bout will be for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight title.
In previous interviews, Marquardt feels like Woodley as been critical of him. That has upset the former UFC title contender to the point where all he wants to do is knock "T-Wood" out.
"I wanna knock him out, for more than one reason," said Marquardt, while appearing on Inside MMA recently. "The guy was disrespectful to me. He made fun of me, said I stutter and stuff like that, and, you know, I'm gonna make him stutter."
Marquardt will be fighting for the first time in over a year when he steps inside the Strikeforce cage for the first time. He was released by the UFC, signed by BAMMA but never fought, and eventually brought back to Zuffa through Strikeforce.
- Chael Sonnen Opens Up About Loss To Silva, Retirement Talk
- UFC On FUEL TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman Weigh-In Results
- Nate Marquardt Plans To Make Tyron Woodley "Stutter" After Knocking Him Out
- Chris Weidman Feeling Great Heading Into Fight With Mark Munoz
- Report Out Of Brazil Says UFC 148 Was Watched By 19 Million
- Edson Barboza In The Final Four For ESPY Play Of The Year
- Rashad Evans Has "No Plans To Drop To 185," Says His Manager
- Frank Mir Doesn't Think Alistair Overeem Should Lose His Spot In Order
- Ronda Rousey To Grace Cover Of ESPN The Magazine: Body Issue (Photo)
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.