Nate Marquardt (32-10-2) is focused on his upcoming Strikeforce welterweight title fight with Tarec Saffiedine (13-3), but already has his eyes set on the UFC roster. The two will meet on the final Strikeforce card later this month.
"There's a lot of guys at welterweight in the UFC that I want to fight that are going to be good fights – a lot of tough guys," said Marquardt to MMA Junkie.
At UFC 158, several of the top welterweights have been linked to fights. In the main event, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre takes on Nick Diaz. Carlos Condit and Rory MacDonald will meet in a rematch from their original encounter at UFC 115. Also, top ranked fighters Johny Hendricks and Jake Ellenberger will collide.
"That March card is just stacked," said Marquardt. "Honestly, any one of those guys – I want to fight the winner of those fights."
Marquardt vs. Saffiedine headlines the January 12 Strikeforce show from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK. Showtime will air the main card.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.