Mike Roberts, the manager for Anthony Pettis, says his fighter is still hoping for a future date with Nate Diaz. "Showtime" s currently rehabbing from shoulder surgery, but expects to be ready to return in September.
Diaz, after defeating Jim Miller, was called the No. 1 contender in the UFC's lightweight division. He has said he will await the winner of Benson Henderson-Frankie Edgar, thus, giving himself a shot a the belt.
"We all know that everybody cane change their minds. I believe that's the fight that makes the most sense," said Roberts, while on MMAWeekly Radio recently. "I can't imagine Nate Diaz would want to sit out as long as he's going to have to, to fight, just to wait to fight."
Pettis was called the No. 1 contender before the razor-thin decision between Henderson and Edgar earlier this year. "The Answer" was granted an immediate rematch, set for UFC 150 in August.
"At the end of the day, if it's not Nate Diaz, we'll take whoever's next who's available to fight," Roberts said.
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
- Michael Bisping Goes Under The Knife On Wednesday
- Check Out Rebellion Radio Tonight
- "TUF: Brazil" Debuts Tonight On FUEL TV
- Dana White "Disgusted" By Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Decision
- Separated Shoulder Forced Brian Stann To The Sidelines
- Jose Aldo Latest Injury Victim; Faber-Barao Moved To "UFC 149"
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.