As Nate Diaz (17-6) prepares for his first shot at the lightweight champion Benson Henderson (17-2), he is excited to finally be in the title picture.
"Ben Henderson is a good opponent, he's had some good fights," said Nate Diaz on MMA Fighting. "I'm pretty pumped about finally fighting for the title. I'm looking forward to my brother having my back."
Going into the fight, Diaz knows the fight is no easy challenge.
"He's really good," said Diaz. "I've seen him in GI competition. He gets out of stuff, dominates people, he's a real athletic guy. He's definitely the champion for a reason."
Diaz feels that his boxing skills will lead him to the victory and his first taste of gold.
"I've got a really good boxing coach, Richard Perez," said Diaz. "He's the best boxing coach there is in boxing, but he's in the MMA mix right now."
Diaz vs. Henderson will headline the UFC on FOX 5 show on December 8.
- Anderson Silva's Career Goal: Undefeated UFC Mark
- Ex-WWE Star Dave Bautista Wins MMA Debut
- "Invicta FC 3" Results: Jessica Penne Becomes Atomweight Champion
- Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division
- Erick Silva Says Fighters Have To Be Unpredictable
- King Mo Has Bellator Ranked As One Of The Top MMA Companies
- Dana White Defends Paying Dennis Hallman
- "ONE FC 6: Rise Of Kings" Results: Aoki Scores Submission Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.