Mukai Maromo (8-2) is out for revenge and gold when he takes on Graham Spencer (9-1) at Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC) 36: Reality Check. The two will meet in the main event for the vacant lightweight championship.
It will be a rematch from their 2010 fight where Spencer took home a decision win. Since then Maromo has won five in a row with his last four coming out of MFC. Spencer is making his second MFC appearance and enters with four straight wins.
"That loss has stuck with me, and I need to get it back," said Maromo. "All along, my plan has been to become the MFC lightweight champ. I want to make that mark, and then I want to defend the title successfully."
The title was vacated when Antonio McKee (15-1) joined the UFC. He only appeared at UFC 125, losing a split decision and was cut.
MFC 36 takes place February 15 from the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. The main card airs on AXS TV.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.