Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (8-1-1NC) will make his Bellator debut on the January 17 show according to sources from MMA Fighting.
The January show takes place from the UCI Bren Events Center in California. The former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will enter the promotion's tournament. No opponent has been announced as Lawal's opening challenge.
Lawal remains suspend since January after testing positive for the steroid drostanolone. He was released by Strikeforce after he made unfavorable comments towards an NSAC member at a hearing about his suspension. He later apologized.
He would sign with Bellator in May and looks to make an appearance on their first show airing from Spike TV. The Bellator debut is set for January 10, though currently only January 17 has a show listed at Ticketmaster. This also means that the promotion will move from Friday to Thursday.
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.