Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis may have hit the end of the line.
The 38-year-old warrior competed at the International Sport Karate Association (ISKA) Worlds Collide event yesterday in Dublin, Ireland and was knocked out in brutal fashion by the unheralded Mark Casserlay in a kickboxing/muay Thai bout.
The loss comes on the heels of a split decision defeat suffered against Chuck O'Neil this past October and has Davis considering hanging up his gloves. Davis posted the following message to his Facebook page after the fight.
Sorry all.. I'm just not pulling the trigger like I did even 5 years ago. I have days in the gym where i cant be touched but days where I'm lethargic. Consistency is key to being a professional fighter. My reactions have slowed. I'm not going to make my decision now until I am with my family but this wouldn't have happened 10-5 years ago. Time I think has caught up with me. I will be with my wife tomorrow and we will discuss my career. From the bottom of my heart I thank everyone who has ever supported me... God bless
Davis competed in the UFC at lightweight and welterweight from 2006 until 2011. Over that time, he picked up notable wins over Paul Taylor and Chris Lytle. He was cut from the promotion after posting a 1-4 stretch that included two knockouts and a submission defeat.
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
- Nephew Of Anderson Silva To Compete Saturday At "Lion Fight Muay Thai VI"
- Papy Abedi Will Seek First UFC Win Vs. Rick Story At "UFC On FX 4"
- Gilbert Melendez "Coming For All The 55-Pounders" Regardless Of Promotion
- Another Week, Another Interesting Tim Kennedy Video
- Siyar Bahadurzada In For Yoshihiro Akiyama To Face Thiago Alves At "UFC 149"
- Team Cruz Wants UFC Bantamweight Champ To Remain On "TUF: Live"
- Lineup Finalized For Bellator 69 Next Friday
- UFC On Fox Ratings Suffer Steep Decline
- Sarah Kaufman Will Challenge Ronda Rousey In August
- Report States No MMA Coming To New York This Year
- With Dominick Cruz Out, Urijah Faber Hopes UFC Creates Interim TItle
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.