It took one left hook to turn the tables.
In Saturday night's heavyweight battle between Brendan Schaub and Ben Rothwell, the younger, more athletic Schaub was expected to send Big Ben out on his shield. And in the beginning, that's what looked like was going to happen.
Schaub came forward with pressure after tagging Rothwell with a slick spinning back elbow, but the ever-durable Wisconsin native held his ground and fired back at the advancing Schaub, knocking him out cold with a left hook.
Just like that, Schaub's prospects have become very dim thanks to his exposed chin and Rothwell is back in the win column, extending his stay in the octagon for now.
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Medical Suspensions
- OAC Hands Down Punishment To Andreas Spang For Post-Bellator 66 Fight
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode 5 Recap
- Alistair Overeem Releases Statement On Elevated Levels Of Testosterone
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighters Marcus Brimage, Maximo Blanco Have Tumble-Off
- Junior Dos Santos Gives Jon Jones Props For His Victory Over Rashad Evans
- Cain Velasquez To Face Antonio Silva At UFC 146
- Brock Lesnar's Decision To Return To WWE Fine With UFC Boss
- Change In Opponent Hasn't Changed Junior Dos Santos' Plans: KO Finish
- Dana White: Overeem's Future With UFC Up In The Air
- Video: UFC 145 Highlights - Jones Vs. Evans, MacDonald Vs. Mills
- Dana White Says BJ Penn Still Wants To Fight
- Rashad Evans Has No Plans To Drop To Middleweight
- Jon Jones Excited To Face Dan Henderson Next
- Video: Knockout Of The Night - Rothwell Vs. Schaub
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Gate And Attendance
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fight Night Bonuses
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.