The UFC has released a very interesting video, as UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre watches from outside the Octagon as two men compete for a share of his title. Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit battled in the main event of UFC 143 earlier this month, with Condit laying claim to the interim title with a decision victory.
"Rush" sat cageside for the event, watching as he witnessed two men duke it out in a very controversial five-round affair. Since the end of the fight, many have speculated if Diaz was the actual winner, despite not landing as many strikes as Condit did.
None of that really matters now, as Diaz has since announced his retirement from MMA and been found to have marijuana in his system during the post-fight drug test.
GSP is expected to return to action later this year, but it remains unknown if Condit will defend his interim title at least once before facing St-Pierre.
Check out the video below.
- Quick Shots: MMA In India, ESPN/UFC, Thompson Vs. Sapp, Schaub On "Ghost Adventures"
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Sanchez Vs. Ellenberger" Final Card, Live Coverage Wednesday
- BJ Penn: "I'm Trying To Find Myself A Little Bit"
- Joe Lauzon "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Video Blog, Episode 1
- UFC President Dana White On Signing Of Roger Gracie: "Not True"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.