If you don't know Daniel Cormier by now, I just don't know what to do with you.
The former U.S. Olympic wrestler entered the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix as a tournament alternate when Alistair Overeem left the promotion for the UFC. He made his way to the finals opposite Josh Barnett with a knockout win over Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.
Undefeated in nine pro fights, the American Kickboxing Academy team member has established himself as a legitimate heavyweight prospect, despite his relative lack of MMA experience. He'll meet Barnett at Strikeforce 40 later this month to conclude the GP and, he hopes, to further improve his stock in the heavyweight division.
Strikeforce 40 goes down on May 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
- Bellator 67 Weigh-Ins; Chandler And Gono On Point
- Johny Hendricks Can't Wait To Put His Left Hand On Koscheck
- Check Out The Bellator 67 Weigh-Ins At 5PM ET
- Dana White Hints At Major January Event
- UFC On FOX 3 Pre-Fight Presser Notes And Quotes
- Quick Shots: Zuffa Stars Ring NASDAQ Opening Bell, Chandler On Miller Vs. Diaz, One FC Note
- Live Video Of The UFC On FOX Press Conference Today At 2 PM ET
- Hacran Dias To Make UFC Debut Against Yuri Alcantara At UFC 147
- Video: Daniel Cormier, 'I Am A Fighter'
- Ryan Jimmo Vs. Anthony Perosh On For UFC 149
- Video: Wanderlei Silva's UFC 147 Vlog, Episode 2
- 'UFC Primetime' Back On FX For UFC 146
- Dana White: Nate Diaz, Not Jim Miller, Up For Title Shot
- UFC Donates UFC 149 Prize Package To Canadian Children's Charity
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Not Leaving Friday Nights, Says FX Executive
- "Ultimate Fighter" Winner Ross Pearson Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Roy Nelson, Edson Barboza Given New Fights For "UFC 146"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.