Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy is on a four-fight losing streak and will undoubtedly be fighting Duane Ludwig for his job when they meet at UFC 146 this weekend. To prepare for such a high stakes bout, Hardy has joined forces with former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir to form the Sin City Cartel, a joint training effort.
Speaking with FightHubTV recently, Hardy explained how training with Mir has upped his game and why he feels more confident than ever heading into this fight.
"This has really been the best camp I've had. I've had a good team around me, a team completely dedicated to making me the best I can be for the fight. It's refreshing," Hardy explained. "Normally, in the UK, I'm jumping from one gym to another trying to get rounds in with people. It's a lot of work, whereas here I feel like I'm in a much more professional environment. Plus, I'm doing most of my sessions with Frank Mir now as well. Which is, it's inspiring for me just to see a former UFC champion who's preparing for another shot at the belt preparing for a fight."
Check out the rest of the video below to hear more from Hardy on his upcoming fight, which takes place this Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.