UFC president Dana White, UFC middleweight champion and No. 1 contender Chael Sonnen were all on hand to confirm a change in the planned fight. Silva and Sonnen were originally scheduled to meet at UFC 147 in Brazil, but that has been changed to UFC 148 and Las Vegas.
White stated many problems caused the change in venue, including a planned United Nations press conference the same week of UFC 147. The card will still happen in Brazil, with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo expected to be added to it.
Check out the video below for the complete press conference, which, as you might guess, features some classic lines courtesy of Sonnen. Things get started around the five-minute mark.
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At UFC 146
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.