The MMA social media world was sent into a mad frenzy late Wednesday night when reports of Dan Henderson's exit from UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson was being mentioned. Henderson is slated to face UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones on September 1.
Reports cited a knee injury to Henderson suffered in training, likely forcing him out of the fight. It appears, however, that "Hendo" is good to go, as he posted a message of his own on Twitter after the rumors continued to circulate.
"Just got down with a great training session with the boys," Henderson wrote. "Headed to the house to get worked on by (massage therapist Mariah Villalobos) to finish (off) the day happy."
So, for now at least, it appears that we still have our UFC 151 main event going on as scheduled.
- Strikeforce Adds Pair Of Bouts To September Event
- Three New Matches Announced For UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot
- Jay Hieron Had No Second Thoughts About Taking Jake Ellenberger Match At UFC 151
- Tim Sylvia Believes He Would Defeat Daniel Cormier
- Shogun Rua On Brandon Vera Fight: "I Know I Could’ve Been More Prepared"
- Cody McKenzie Already Calls Out Frankie Edgar For His Featherweight Debut
- Ed Soares Says Anderson Silva Has "Never Turned Down A Fight"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.