Matt Mitrione has not lost a fight since he began fighting professionally. He’s a perfect 5-0 inside the Octagon and will be stepping up in a big way when he fights Cheick Kongo at UFC 137. The card is expected to take place on October 29th, live from Las Vegas, Nevada.
Cheick Kongo is coming off of an amazing come from behind knock out victory over Pat Bary and Mitrione finished Christian Morecraft in the second round of their fight on the same card back on June 26th. For Kongo it will be another willing opponent for him to showcase his standup against as Mitrione loves to stand and bang. For Mitrione it is a considerable step up in competition and a chance to get in the mix in the heavyweight division.
UFC 137 is headlined by Georges St Pierre facing Nick Diaz, a proposed fight with BJ Penn and Carlos Condit, Cro Cop facing off with Roy Nelson and a very intriguing match between Dennis Siver and Sam Stout.
Matt Mitrione and Cheick Kongo is an early fight of the night favorite on the card.
- Matt Mitrione Continues his Rise in the UFC
- Another Fight Added to The UFC on Versus 4
- Results: UFC Live Kongo vs. Barry Emerges from the Cloud of Mystery
- Matt Mitrione is a meathead but also an improving fighter
- Who’s going to win at UFC Live: Marquardt vs. Story and why [Updated]
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMAValor.com