Once again, rumors prove true.
UFC featherweight fighter Mackens Semerzier confirmed with The Score that he has in fact been released from his UFC contract.
A carryover from the WEC, Semerzier made his UFC debut a successful one by manhandling The Ultimate Fighter 12 alum Alex Caceres en route to a first-round rear-naked choke victory. Semerzier would go on to face Robert Peralta at UFC on FOX: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos; the bout ended by TKO in Peralta's favor, but was overturned to a no contest when it became clear that Semerzier went down from an accidental headbutt.
Semerzier and Peralta were intended to rematch one another, but Peralta fell out of the bout with injury and was replaced by Daniel Pineda. Pineda defeated Semerzier via first-round submission earlier this month at UFC on FX 2, which has led to the 31-year-old's release from the promotion.
Semerzier's biggest win came in his WEC debut, when he submitted highly-touted Brazilian jiu jitsu player Wagnney Fabiano in a major upset.
A former United States Marine, Semerzier sports a record of 6-4 (1 NC) and fights out of Linxx Academy in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Video: Cruz Makes Fun Of Faber's Frozen Moment On "TUF: Live"
- Cesar Gracie Gives Nick Diaz Update: "I'm Not Letting This Guy Quit"
- Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen Rematch Official For UFC 147 In Brazil
- Video: Frank Mir Not Down For Fight With Fabricio Werdum In Brazil
- "TUF: Live" Winner Justin Lawrence Far From Happy With Performance
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Results: 16 Fighters Earn Spot In The House
- Dana White Feels TUF Is Doing Well, Despite Low Ratings
- Reminder: "TUF Brazil" Premiers Tonight On TUF.tv
- King Mo Opens Up About Life-Threatening Staph Infection
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.