Less than two weeks away from UFC 137 UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre has been forced to withdraw from his title fight with Carlos Condit.
St. Pierre suffered a knee injury during training today and UFC president Dana White broke the news on twitter.
“GSP is out with an injury!!!” twitted White.
White went on to say that GSP injured his knee and that Condit will wait for the champ to heal.
That leaves the co-main event between Nick Diaz and BJ Penn as the new UFC 137 main event. Ironically after being removed from the main event against GSP, Nick Diaz finds himself back in the headliner spot.
- The Craziness Continues: Diaz is a no show and Condit steps in to fight Georges St-Pierre
- Nick Diaz Responds to UFC 137 Removal with a YouTube Video
- Shark Fights Headliner, Chris Camozzi back in the UFC
- Shoulder Surgery Shelves Jon Fitch up to Six Months
- Winner of Jon Fitch vs. BJ Penn to Earn title Shot
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.